DISINFECTING A LASER DEVICE
Clean, Disinfect, and Reprocess Your Laser Between Patients
Disinfecting a Laser Device
- All sleeves should be removed during this virus outbreak.
- All lasers should be outfitted with the medical DOME probe or the veterinary Wound Probe
- Cases should not be used from patient to patient. Home Care lasers should return to the clinic in some type of disposable/biohazard bag provided to the client with the rental laser
- Home patients should also be instructed in proper cleaning techniques
- Patients should disinfect the laser between use, even with family members (including animals)
How to clean and Disinfect your Multi Radiance Laser
- Step 1: Turn off your device by holding down the power button on a cordless laser and/or disconnect from the wall charger. Put on gloves and remove the dome probe.
- Step 2: Using a disinfecting wipe (Hydrogen Peroxide, Clorox, or a 10% bleach/water solution on a lint-free cloth, clean the entire surface of the laser for 2 minutes
- Step 3: Be sure to use enough solution on the wipe to ensure the device surface will remain wet for 4 minutes
- Step 4: Set the laser and probe aside to air dry, do not pat dry
- Step 5: Once laser is completely dry, it is ready to be used on the next patient